Idea of creation Flex applications with slick Rails scaffolding-like approach came to me just in moment when I introduced myself to Ruby on Rails (Google translation from Russian) inspired by Michael Klishin; more exactly, when I have learned what scaffolding is (roughly said, the procedure of automatic creation the whole MVC stuff by given data structure). This idea has flooded the space since then and its density has reached the critical value:
Sep 10th, 2006
Alex MacCaw announced he has started creation of the Cairngorm Rails Generator.
Jan 10th, 2007
Ilya Devers has published the first stable version of his Ruby on Rails Cairngorm Generators set at Google Code. Download: cairngorm-rails-generator.zip.
- Take your application name and create typical Cairngorm structure, including modelLocator, frontController, services.mxml and application itself. You can also set the package structure.
- Create (server) delegates.
- Generate Cairngorm Commands, Events and comments.
- Create standalone events and value objects (though author acknowledges that it could make more sense to create VOs based on model classes).
- Include generator for WebOrb Service class.
Jan 27th, 2007
Michael Klishin has posted a great article named “Ruby / DSL Saves Your Soul and Makes You a Happy Flex developer” (Google translation from Russian).
Good idea never come into only head alone. Things become dangerous and amazing.