There’s a lot Flex Remoting solutions for different platforms and platforms and languages. I decided to summarize them in the following list:
- Java: BlazeDS. Official Adobe open source Flex Remoting solution, proposed for porting to all other platforms.
Tutorial: How to use BlazeDS Remoting.
- .NET: FluorineFx. Works just great (tested by myself).
Tutorial: How to Integrate .Net / Flex 3 with FluorineFX.
- Python: PyAMF.Tutorial: Using PyAMF with Google App Engine.
- PHP: AMFPHP.
Tutorials: Flash/PHP/Flex/AMFPHP Tutorials.
- Ruby on Rails: RubyAMF.Tutorials: Flexible Rails excerpt: Refactoring to RubyAMF, Flash Remoting for Rails Tutorial.
- AJAX: WebORB. AJAX, Java, .NET, PHP and RoR Remoting!
Tutorials and Examples: WebORB and Rich Client System Demos.
It’s just great to see how widely Flash Remoting and AMF are spreaded among the web development world. Am I missing any important tool here?